Every day is a new challenge and excitement here in Northeast India. We rejoice if we get power for three to five hours a day. We also rejoice when it rains. In fact, the farmers are still waiting for summer rain for cultivating their fields to plant rice. On the other hand, it can also be very wearisome when we look at the political and economic development of our region. We just endure and live one day at a time.
A lot of things are happening since our last update.
Last Sunday I baptized 57 young people in a typical riverside baptism. What a day! It was humbling to see God at work. A good number of them were saved at our summer camp. One 24-year-old ex-militant was saved: A stranger called me and said that he wanted to know the way of salvation. He traveled for four hours and stayed in my home for two nights and one day. A Bible college teacher and I shared the gospel with him. He accepted the Lord Jesus as his Savior and went home rejoicing. He is now sharing his faith with friends and family.
Oct. 15–19: Pastors’ conference with Dr. Larry Fogle (missionary with Baptist Mid-Missions’ Pastoral Enrichment Program) and Pastor Scott. They are coming with their wives to speak to our pastors and their wives.
Nov. 1–8: Lakewood Park Baptist Church missions trip to India. Pastor Clare Jewell and his wife, Donna, are coming with a group from Lakewood Park Baptist Church in Auburn, Ind., to visit one of our church plant sites and minister at Hope Baptist Academy, Hope Baptist Children’s Home, and Asian Baptist Bible College.
Opportunities to Help
- Stephanos House (pastors’ retreat and recreational center): $25,000 for completion, including painting, plumbing, electricity, and furnishings
- Land for camp site: $20,000
- Bible college library: $5,000
- Scholarship for Bible college students: $2,500
- Scholarship for Hope Baptist Academy students: $1,500
- One desktop computer and printer: $1,000
- Two motorbikes: ($1,300 each)
- One digital camera: $700
- For God’s leading and wisdom in our lives and ministry
- For God’s blessings and provision
- For revival in our churches
- For our spiritual growth
- For our church planters and their needs
- For the orphans God has entrusted to our care