Josiah and Mary Abedu-Kennedy serve with the Association of Fundamental Baptist Churches in Accra, Ghana. They send the following letter of how they are reaching children in Ghana through Vacation Bible School.
By the grace of the almighty God, we organized VBS in eight churches, three of which were in the greater Accra region, where we are laboring. In our last prayer update, we had asked for prayers that God would give us 1,000 kids for the 2016 VBS. I am very glad to inform you that He brought in many more than we had prayed for.
Here is a quick breakdown of kids who attended 2016 VBS. The first three churches are churches that we have direct oversight of.
- Crossroads Baptist Church: 270 kids; 68 precious souls received Christ as Savior
- Dodowa Baptist Fellowship: 450 kids; 96 precious souls received Christ as Savior
- Hope Community Baptist Church (Nsawum): 260 kids; 20 precious souls received Christ as Savior
- Set Time Baptist Church: 260 kids
- New Life Baptist Church (Ankamu): 410 kids
- Living Word Baptist Church: 400 kids
- New Life Baptist Church (Apam/Mumford): 300 kids (these were youth groups)
We will continue to covet your prayers as we do follow-up on these kids and their families.
Our new church plant in Nsawum has outgrown its meeting space. The Lord is really blessing this ministry. We started to meet in a classroom three months ago; today the church cannot fit in the classroom. A member of the church who has a small plot of land has allowed us to start putting up a temporary roofing structure to meet under. We were blessed with $1,000 for the start of the project. We will need an additional $1,500 to complete it. We will need to cement the floor and finish the roofing.
Again, let us use this opportunity to thank you so very much that God is using you to be a blessing to us and the ministries here in Ghana, Africa. God richly bless you all.
Josiah and Mary Abedu-Kennedy
Association of Fundamental Baptist Churches