Moboko Fidele is president of Bibleway Baptist Churches of Congo. He and his wife, who have nine children, also care for more than one hundred orphans at Lisa Center Orphanage in Goma. He sends the following ministry update.
On behalf of our church family and Lisa Center, I would love to take this opportunity to thank you for your prayers and partnership with us over the years. I want you to know that, without your prayers, Lisa Center and Bibleway Baptist Churches would not be where we are today.
I would love to invite you to stand with as we trust God for the following prayer items this year:
1. Pray for protection over the Lisa Center children from COVID-19. God protected them in 2020, and we are asking you to join us as we ask Him to do it again in 2021.
2. Pray for the work of evangelism and church planting during this difficult time of COVID-19 so that God will enable us to continue working and also that He may continue to empower His servants.
3. Pray for the provision of food supplies, school fees, and medical care for Lisa Center ($.09 per kid per day).
4. Pray that God will provide us with a stipend for our volunteers who help us take care of the kids. We are trusting God to provide us with $4,800 to take care of the stipend of our four hardworking volunteers for the entire year.
5. Pray that God will provide us with funds to refurbish the dormitory for the kids, using permanent construction materials. Our dormitory is getting old, and the wood is in a bad shape. There have been a lot of fires in our part of town, and many people have lost their lives. We are asking you to join us in praying and be part of a big ask to raise enough funds to begin refurbishing our dormitory using permanent blocks for the safety of the 146 orphans.
The total cost of the orphanage project will be $45,000. This is a very big ask of God, especially during these difficult times the world is in, and very big for one partner or one church, but I also believe that God is much bigger than our needs. We are asking you to pray and trust God with us, and however God leads you toward supporting this initiative, please do not hesitate. Together with God we can accomplish this.
Once again, thank you very much for your prayers over the years.
Pastor Moboko Fidele
Bibleway Baptist Churches of Congo